Ask Michele
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cocktail Party

Go down

Cocktail Party Empty Cocktail Party

Post  Joann Ta Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Michele,
I have a cocktail party to attend during the holidays. I would like to buy something festive to wear without spending a lot of money. Can you recommend some good stores?

From,
Jojo

Joann Ta

Back to top Go down

Cocktail Party Empty Fashion

Post  Michele Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Dear Jojo,

As I always say, you do not have to spend a lot of time or money to have great style. There are many stores that are out there now that carry less expensive clothes from top designers such as the Simple Vera Vera Wang line which you can find at Kohl's. During the holidays many of these discounted chains will offer festive inexpensive items to add to your wardrobe. Shop your closet first, perhaps you have a simple and elegant black dress that you can start with and then just purchase something fun and inexpensive items such as a faux fir shrug. As far as accessories go I would recommend Banana Republic and J. Crew for fun cocktail rings and other statement pieces that will add a lot of impact to your outfit. If you have the funds to invest a little more in your wardrobe, I would recommend a good evening bag and a good pair of dress shoes that you will be able to wear for years to come. If you find high heels uncomfortable, try Cole Haan shoes, many of the high heels have Nike Air built right into them. You don't need to spend a lot of money, be creative, comfortable, and have a good time.

Michele

Michele

Back to top Go down