Ask Michele
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cocktail party for 8

Go down

Cocktail party for 8 Empty Cocktail party for 8

Post  FHFG Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:08 am

Hi Michele, I'm thinking of trying something new this year and need some guidance and tips. For the past many years we've hosted our 'Christmas House' party at our home, traditionally a dinner party for 8-10 friends. Sometimes I find a dinner party for more than 6 to be a little overwhelming - feeling like I'm constantly getting up and getting something or fixing something, etc. Maybe I don't know how to give a dinner party, LOL?!

This year I'd like to host the Christmas House cocktail party for 8 friends - probably 5-6 hours. I'm aiming for elegance, simplicity and relaxation. This cocktail party would take the place of the evening meal - and according to my research I'll need 8-10 varieties of appetizers with 2-3 pieces of each for each guest.

What do you think about this idea? Will it be more difficult to do than a dinner party? Do you have some ideas on what types of appetizers I should have and/or how to set them up? I'm planning on having about 5 -6 choices available when the guests arrive, and then serve individual appetizers throughout the evening. I really appreciate your feedback and ideas! Ciao, bella!

FHFG

Back to top Go down

Cocktail party for 8 Empty Cocktail party

Post  Bunny Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:20 pm

I am in the process of putting together an entertaining class and on line holiday magazine. There will be a lot of tips , recipes and shortcut ideas in it. It will be posted after Thanksgiving.
I he it helps

Bunny

Back to top Go down